2015 Scholastic Awards

2015+Scholastic+Awards+

Erin Bryant, Press Release Editor

Wellington High submitted pieces in several categories in the Regional Scholastic Art Competition.

In the Digital Arts category, Kaitlyn Donahue and Jessica Ramos were awarded Gold Keys while Jenna McKenney and Mariam Mikhael were awarded Honorable Mentions.

For Drawing and Illustration, Bethany Long and Davy Yue won Silver Keys and Yue also won two Honorable Mentions. Colin Tapoler also won an Honorable mention in this category.

Lynda Emerson and  Cole Popper were given Gold Keys followed by Lily Crawford who was awarded a Silver Key in Photography. Victoria Dunkley and Courtney Kerezman both received Honorable Mentions.
For Poetry, Brianna Sabbat, Elana Marcus, and Sarah Workman were awarded Gold Keys. Alicia Lowenstein and Amaris Fairchild won a Silver Key in the category and Brooke Mucino won an Honorable Mention.
 Valentina Franco in the Journalism category won an Honorable Mention and a Silver Key.
The highest award is the Gold Key. Gold Key winners were then forwarded to the National Scholastic Arts Competition, based in New York. Gold Keys have the possibility to earn an Honorable Mention, Silver or Gold Medallion in this competition. All Silver and Gold winners were invited to New York City for workshops, museum visits and a reception at Carnegie Hall. This is an enormous honor. Please congratulate these students.