The Wave

This is Country Music

Savannah Edwards, Staff Writer

Country music—not an average person enjoys this genre on a daily basis. Tractors, trucks and trailers don’t seem to appeal unless one is dressing up on Halloween with overalls and bucked teeth. Yet, if the stereotype could be separated from the genre itself, and the lyrics could be recognized, a newfound love for country music may arise.

Truthfully, some of the most meaningful songs derive from the mouths of country artists. Tim McGraw, a talented veteran of the country genre, has an entire song dedicated to his daughter called Daddy’s Little Girl.  Here’s a quick link to the: songhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1XYn-al8lE. This song may be heard at weddings for the father-daughter dance, which makes an incredibly memorable moment.

Aside from that, country music may play a big part in spelling out people’s emotions easily. There is no distraction from the artist’s lyrics flowing to the rhythm of the song. This being said, relating to a country song may not be so hard, seeing’s how they cover about a thousand topics throughout all the songs. Heartbreak, loss of a family member, society, money and even songs about country music are encased in the genre.

“I don’t normally like country music, but when I do listen to it, I can easily find a song that describes exactly how I am feeling,” Emilee Gardner, junior, said.

The people who enjoy country music are your typical truck-driving, mud-loving individuals and that is why it country music as a whole can have a bad rap. Deep down, it is a great group of people who really enjoy living their lives to the fullest.

“I like country music, because it’s real music that relates to real problems that people have. It also tells great love stories,” Taylor Luck, freshman, said.

All in all, country music may not be for everyone, but anyone may find his or herself jamming and wishing for a Chevy.

Savannah Edwards, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Savannah. I am a lover of all things country and writing. I enjoy the thought of big cities becoming my home and watching Grey's Anatomy every...

• This is Country Music

Student Life

February 2019-Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Weiss

• This is Country Music

Press Releases

Varsity Basketball Playoffs Thursday

• This is Country Music

Arts & Entertainment

Academic Team Competes in School Duel

• This is Country Music

News

Parkland: One Year Later

• This is Country Music

Editorial

Editorial: Palm Tree Massacre

• This is Country Music

Arts & Entertainment

Student Artwork to Be Shown at Norton Museum of Art

• News

Trump to Reopen Government for Three Weeks

• This is Country Music

Editorial

Transgender Military Ban

• This is Country Music

News

Political Crisis in Venezuela

• This is Country Music

News

NY Governor Signs Controversial Reproductive Health Act

Wellington High School's Online News Publication - featuring news, sports, arts and entertainment, opinion, student life, video features, and more!
This is Country Music