The Wave

Local Volunteer Opportunities Around Wellington

Ariana Jordan, Staff Writer

Are you looking for a chance to earn community service hours, or perform an internship? Check out these opportunities to get started on your volunteer journey today!

The Community Angel Network

The Community Angel Network (CAN) is a corporation which announces nonprofit organizations in Palm Beach County that are searching for volunteers within the community. CAN also supports students who are interested in creating their own community service projects and want to leave their positive mark on the world.

If you are looking for assistance in earning community service hours, the Community Angel Network is here to help! By registering for the Community Angel Network student text service, you will be updated on new volunteer opportunities and upcoming events in Palm Beach County.

To join the CAN student text service, text the keyword PBCCAN to 41411.

Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League

The Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is an organization that works to provide shelter for lost, homeless, and unwanted animals, offer medical service for companion or service animals, find new homes for abandoned animals, and strengthen the relationship between animals and the community. If you love to care for animals, then a volunteer position at Peggy Adams is for you!

You can check out their range of volunteer positions below:

• Lost and Found (helping pet owners reunite with lost pets)
  • Community Projects and Special Events (organizing events and displaying work)
  • Pawpurrazzi Volunteer (photographer)
  • Customer Service Greeters (welcome visitors and assist with adopting pets)
  • Cat Socializing (exercising and socializing cats in the adoption program)
  • Foster Care
  • Pet Exercise and Play Group Program (walking, bathing, and socializing dogs)
  • Spay Shuttle Client Registration (working at the registration table every morning)
  • Educational Programs and Tours (presenting educational programs to elementary, middle, and high schools)
  • Kennel Care Assistant (feeding and caring for animals)

For more information on places to volunteer, visit the 12th grade support center in the 100 building. Take these opportunities to volunteer and make a difference in your community!

Wellington High School's Online News Publication - featuring news, sports, arts and entertainment, opinion, student life, video features, and more!