The Wave

5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

Back to Article
Back to Article

5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

Ian Leonard, Arts & Entertainment Editor

The SAT’s and ACT’s are major determining factors for students who to go to college, and it sometimes can be very stressful preparing for them. Without having studied beforehand, some students may feel unprepared when the test date approaches. In case you are feeling nervous or unprepared, here are five ways to help you study for the SAT’s or ACT’s and be confident with your score.

1. Tutors

If you’re looking for someone who may have taken the test and could know what’s on them and to know what to study for, tutors can be a great help. You can use this website to check out some tutors that have helped students succeed on the test.

2. Study Books

Owning a study book while trying to study for either of the tests is always a helpful resource for students trying to get a high score. The most common brand used when trying to study is The Official SAT Study Guide, 2018 Edition.

3. Study Partners

If you have a friend or peer that you know is also taking the same test as you, there is always the option of being study partners with them. Being with friends or peers while studying can be beneficial to students because if one is confused about a certain topic, the others in the group can be of some help understand the material.

4. School Study Sessions

Sometimes schools host schoolwide study sessions where a group of teachers get together and invite students to go over some material that might be on the tests. Check with teachers or school officials to see when there may be any study sessions to get prepared.

5. Practice SAT’s / ACT’s

Another thing your school may do to help students prepare for the tests are practice tests. The practice test will have the same atmosphere as the actual test and will have similar questions as to what will be on the test.

With these helpful tips, you will be able to confidently take either the SAT’s or ACT’s and get a good score that you will be proud of and will boost your chance of getting into the college of your dreams!

An aspiring full-time journalist, Ian Leonard is a dedicated member of The Wave who has big ideas about arts and entertainment.

Sally-Emma Calandroni, Design Editor

A creative and dedicated asset to the Wellington Wave Staff, Sally-Emma Calandroni serves as Head Design Editor and Co-Head Sports Editor.

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

Student Life

February 2019-Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Weiss

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

Press Releases

Varsity Basketball Playoffs Thursday

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

Arts & Entertainment

Academic Team Competes in School Duel

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

News

Parkland: One Year Later

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

Editorial

Editorial: Palm Tree Massacre

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

Arts & Entertainment

Student Artwork to Be Shown at Norton Museum of Art

• News

Trump to Reopen Government for Three Weeks

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

Editorial

Transgender Military Ban

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

News

Political Crisis in Venezuela

• 5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

News

NY Governor Signs Controversial Reproductive Health Act

Wellington High School's Online News Publication - featuring news, sports, arts and entertainment, opinion, student life, video features, and more!
5 ACT & SAT Study Tips