Tyler’s Senior Goodbye

Tyler's Senior Goodbye

Tyler Alexander, Assistant Editor

So as my senior year comes to an end, my final days are basically the epitome of how I spent my last four years. Procrastinating studying for a test, writing something for newspaper, and listening to middle school jams. Although with only two days of class left, it’s hard to not reflect back on the great high school experiences.

I entered through the doors of Wellington as a freshman not knowing what to expect, and I leave on Wednesday with the same mindset. However, there’s one thing that has remained constant throughout the past four years. I have gained some of the best friends, and met some of the greatest people I could’ve ever dreamed of. So many teachers have had a major impact on my time at Wellington, that it would take too long to name them all. Whether I met them in my final year (Mr. Fletcher) or early on, they all can take claim to helping mold me into the man I am today. However, one teacher stands above all others.

The man that I have spent the past four years calling my surrogate father has had just about more of an impact on me than anyone in my life. Even though there are moments that we butt heads and bicker like siblings, I know that no matter what happens, Scott Zucker will be there for me. This man has not only been a teacher, mentor, and role model to me. I have the honor of saying that he has been a friend. I would be nowhere near where I am today without his guidance and patients. Growing up without a father has always been hard, but Mr. Zucker has single-handedly filled those shoes and then some for the past four years, and to that I owe him my greatest thanks.

My personal high school experience has been a wild one, and it wouldn’t be complete without mentioning a few more people. The Waves very own Editor-In-Chief, Gabi Harris. I honestly don’t even know where to begin. I am proud enough to be able to call this wonderful woman my best friend. I wouldn’t have been able to make it here if it weren’t for Gabi. The same way that Mr. Zucker molded me to be the man I am today, Gabi kept me on track and pushed me to be the person that I strive to be, while helping me through more issues in my personal life than I can count. To Gabi, I owe my life, and I am truly glad to know that I have had the best friend that I could ever ask for over the past four years.

There are so many other people that I could type for hours about. My amazing adventure buddy Brett Pizzi, and incredibly beautiful girlfriend Natalie Thurston come to mind. Obviously no thank you /goodbye letter is complete without a shameless plug to the “greatest mom ever” (although in my case it’s true). It’s so hard to not mention all of the people that have had a positive impact on my life these past four years. I guess the point is that I am privileged enough to say that I’ve had a fantastic four years at Wellington, where my friends have seen me change significantly, be it in clothing style, or facial hair. Despite these changes, the memories that I’ve gained I will never lose. These memories make me truly grateful to all of my friends, and Wellington High School in general. Thanks for the best four years thus far.