Thanks for the Memories Class of 2015

Brett Pizzi, Opinion Editor

As the year draws to a close, many seniors are rejoicing that they are finally going to be moving on from Wellington high school. After a long four years of testing, a plethora of classes, a multitude of people met, and many of days of hating block schedule, the light at the end of the tunnel is finally about to be reached. As glad as the experience is, it’s just as bitter sweet.

For most, it’s hard to see their high school career come to end. After four years in one place, going there pretty much every day, it is certainly a radical change to be able to think about how the senior class has less than fifty days before graduation. The change is as exciting as it is nerve wracking, but with the graduation date looming ever closer, it’s just a short stretch away before the senior class has had its last days at Wellington high school.

“It’s as weird as it is great to finally be able to say that I’m graduating. I’m ready to move on to the future, but high school has been enjoyable,” Danoli Bryant, senior, said.

As much of a long awaited end as it is, many seniors have been together since elementary school and will soon be separated by college. It’s going to be bittersweet to say goodbye, but in the end, it’s only really goodbye for those that make it that way.

“I’ve realized that the friends who want to stay friends, really do. It’s as easy to say goodbye forever as it is to keep a friendship going. I’ve kept in touch with my close friends and I still talk and see them as often as I can,” Zak Dewan, former student at WHS, said.

With days being broken up due to testing, the amount of class time left for seniors has diminished despite the abundance of trips and events going on, such as grad night and prom, the seniors still have a few more memories to make before their final year as wolverines draws to a close.