Mellow Mushroom

mellow mushroom, 5/1/01, 12:29 PM,  8C, 5618x9380 (820+80), 125%, bent 6 stops,   1/8 s, R24.6, G11.1, B35.8

mellow mushroom, 5/1/01, 12:29 PM, 8C, 5618x9380 (820+80), 125%, bent 6 stops, 1/8 s, R24.6, G11.1, B35.8

Christian Eerie, Staff Writer

Patrons experience a friendly, good vibe and family time environment as they walk into the door. Hostesses greet guests with comforting smiles as if welcoming them into their home. After walking in diner’s eyes soar across paintings of Alice in Wonderland art mushroom in the walls and to the sculptured ceilings. Mellow Mushroom is known for its famous pizzas and bringing culinary happiness to its guests.

“Mellow Mushroom just opened up around two weeks ago I believe, but I went there once and its pizzas are amazing. In my opinion I think they are better than Pizza Hut, Dominos, and Papa John’s,” Hunter Godfrey, sophomore, said.

Four slices of pizza at Mellow Mushroom with a drink will fill someone up just as much if they go to Pizza Hut, or any other pizza place and order eight slices of pizza and a drink. Imagine what eight slices could do to a customer. Their famous or most common favored dish would be the Mighty Meaty pizza; Just the name itself sounds delicious. It contains a red sauce base with mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, ham, and thick cut, premium Applewood smoked bacon.

“After I eat, I like to finish the meal with a fulfilling dessert, because if I don’t then I leave a bitter taste in my mouth after I eat dinner. Eating something sweet after dinner makes the meal a whole lot better, because then you can admit that you really ate good,” Josh Joseph, junior, said.

When you go to a restaurant and order dessert, you might expect milkshakes, ice cream, and maybe cookies and brownie chocolate fudge. They all sound delicious, but not as great as a Half-baked Brownie Supreme.

Mellow mushroom may not have the biggest cookies or milkshakes, but other restaurants can’t compete against Mellow Mushrooms amazing flavors, like the Giant Gourmet cookie with a selection of triple chocolate, raisin, or peanut butter. The name alone allows one to taste the sweetness into their mouth.

One trip to the place will reel a first timer back in quicker than you can possibly think. Before long, you’ll be spreading the word about the new restaurant on the street.