Fall Lights: Sleepy Hollow Edition

Brittany Le, Copy Editor

The Literary Magazine class is once again preparing for its first show of the year: Fall Lights. The show is scheduled for October 8th, 2014, and will take place on the patio outside room 4-105.

Fall Lights is an event where performers, friends, family, students, and staff can gather to enjoy an evening filled with songs, poetry, and on the rare occasion: dance. The patio will be decorated with personal touches courtesy of the Lit Mag class, producer Angelica Capote and sponsor Mr. Zucker.

The stage, as well as the show, is small and is not suited for large bands or large dance performances. Performers of all mediums are welcomed but not all can be accepted if they require a large performing space.

Those who are interested in performing should come to room 4-105 during lunch and after school for a chance to obtain a spot in the show. Auditions will be held on September 23rd and 24th of this school year. Students who wish to perform should memorize their piece and present themselves in the same manner during try-outs as they will on stage.

The theme for the show is based off the 19th century book, Sleepy Hollow. Angelica Capote, grade 12, is the producer.

“The theme was suggested by Hayleigh Hansen,” she said. “It’s well known and when you think Ichabod Crane, you think Halloween!”

Angelica is “nervous, yet excited” to be a first time producer. “It’s a blessing because I love Halloween so much and I get to decorate my show like it,” she said.

The show will begin promptly at 6:30pm. Tickets will be sold at the door for $5.00 and can be purchased in advance for the same price through lunch at school, or directly in Mr. Zucker’s room 4-105.

Robby Sinacsi, senior, and Alicia Lowenstein, junior, will be the hosts for the night.

“We’re hoping to excite the crowd as much as possible,” said Robby. He and Alicia are first time hosts and plan on “telling stories related to the theme” to prevent any awkward dead time and to keep the crowd engaged.

Come out to see Fall Lights to support friends, fellow students and the Literary Magazine class. A great night of entertainment awaits your arrival.