Battle of the Burritos: Chipotle vs. Moe’s

Photo Credit: Paul Herrick

Gabrielle Harris, Staff Writer

It’s Friday night, the last day of a stressful week and your stomach is already growling when you arrive home. It’s time to decide what to eat, and you’re strongly craving a delicious burrito. But now here comes the difficult question: Moe’s or Chipotle?

Moe’s and Chipotle are both chain restaurants scattered across the United States. Both are recognized for their phenomenal burritos, tacos, salads, and bowls. Both restaurants are in the Wellington area, making it easy to get to for students who enjoy south of the border styled fast food.

Besides delicious flavor, comes specials and pricing. “I like Moe’s more than Chipotle. They have more sales and days where they have free queso,” Kate Campbell, junior, said.

Moe’s Southwest Grill offers Moe’s Mondays when they offer Monday food specials for a lower price, such as a burrito, chips and drink combo for $5. Moe’s also offers days where they have a free 6 oz. cup of Moe’s Queso.

Some say the quality of Chipotle has more of a Mexican flavor making it better than Moe’s. “Chipotle is defiantly better in my opinion. It has more flavor than Moe’s,” Ana Nieto, sophomore, said.

All in all, which ever you decide is best is your personal opinion. Perhaps the only way to find out who has the better burrito is your personal choice after eating at both restaurants.