Lady Wolverine Lacrosse Team on the Prowl

Cassidy Flechaus, Multi Media Editor

The lady Wolverine Lacrosse team faced rival West Boca Monday, March 30, 2015. The teams have had a history of tough fought games usually ending with cuts and bruises. Last year, the Wolverines defeated the West Boca Bulls on their home turf and this 2015 season at our home field. Unfortunately, the match up between the two Monday night ended in a Wolverines loss, 9-8.

“The second half we definitely played with our hearts, we just came up short,” Head Coach, Kristina Kolshak, said.

Captain Jenna Niedswiedzki lead the Mid-field with help from Captain Molly Stout on attack. Molly started the game off with two back-to-back goals. Sophomore Summer Ryder, won over fifty percent of the draws taken in Monday night’s game; she is a promising player who is expected to help lead the Wolverines in her next two seasons. Captain Cassidy Flechaus ran the Defense, with the help from the freshman line.

The Wolverines are playing every game like it’s their last for Maddison Stout. Maddison is a sophomore who just went through Knee surgery. She is definitely an inspiration on the field. Her teammates admire her small, fierce attitude.

“She is fearless on the field, something we all try to be,” Molly Stout, Captain, said.

The Wolverines are now 10-4 in the 2015 season. The girls look to win their last regular season game against American Heritage-Plantation. The following week the wolverines will host the 2015 District tournament.

Coming into this season as District Champions, the Seniors want to continue the legacy for their last year. Working the field and utilizing every player is the tactic being used on the game field which is a lot different then how last year was run, only utilizing a few key players.

With the help of new Head Coach Kristina Kolshak and defensive coach Conner Flechaus, the Lady Wolverines have done a complete 360-degree turn. Parents and fans have commented on how the team and top players are not selfish and use every player to create opportunities on the field.

“Our goal is to obviously hold on to our District Championship Title,” Hannah Smith, Captain, said.

Come out and support your Women’s Lacrosse team as they try to continue their winning record and keep the District title in the Wolverine’s Den.