Heat Scorch the Bulls in Opener

Heat Scorch the Bulls in Opener

Jake Cutaia, Staff Writer

The Miami Heat faced off against the Chicago Bulls October 29, 2013. The expectations for both teams are very high.
“I predict Dwyane Wade will have 24 points and the Heat will win in a very close game,” Sebastian Escudero, freshman Heat fan said.
The Bulls had to face the back to back NBA Champions, Miami Heat, who knocked them out of the playoffs last year.
“Derek Rose will have a monster game, with 30 points and 10 assists, and the Bulls will blow Miami out of the water,” Jonathan Grimm, freshman Bulls fan claimed.
Miami raised the Championship banner before the game and also showed their glamorous rings to the whole world. The Heat also got to show their championship jerseys that had gold letters and numbers on them.
The Heat started with a bang on the first possession with a dunk by Undonis Haslem, but Chicago countered with a three pointer by Jimmy Butler. The Heat led Chicago at the half 54 to 33. Derek Rose had only seven points with one assist in 18 first half minutes.
The Heat were not struggling with Rose at all and started the second half right where they left off in the first, dominating every second of the game. The Heat came out strong and finished the same way. The Heat played outstanding defense the whole game, while only allowing Derek Rose to score 12 points.
LeBron James had a solid game, scoring 17 points with 8 assists and 7 rebounds. Norris Cole played great coming off the bench, scoring 11 points and three assists. He also had an outstanding crossover move on Derek Rose in the first quarter.
“The Heat played a solid game against Chicago, and I expected a closer game,” Sebastian Escudero said.
“The Bulls need to work on a lot of things this season, especially offense, and Derek Rose either had a bad night, or just isn’t himself still,” Jonathon Grimm said.
Heat look like they are ready to have another great season and maybe even go for a magical 3-peat.