Wellington JV Volleyball

Wellington JV Volleyball

Brett Pizzi, Writer

Wellington JV volleyball faced off against Boca Raton Bobcats Tuesday, winning in three games. The Wolverines played strong in their first set, getting an easy win with a score of 25-18. Performances by Juniors Joe Sigman and Anthony Loshelder would prove to be important for the Wolverines as the night progressed.
Going into set 2, the Bobcats weren’t ready to give up. Wellington and Boca fought valiantly for the lead, with the Bobcats stopping a Wellington come back, barely winning set 2 with a score of 23- 25. The Wolverines got sloppy and stopped communicating, resulting in the game going into a final third set.
As tensions began to rise, a decisive set three would determine this match’s winner. The Bobcats would have the momentum coming into the third set and the Wolverines needed to work together to overcome Boca.
The JV Boys pulled themselves together and defeated Boca in their third set, with a final score of 15-5, winning the game. Overall, the Wolverines played solid, both when serving and receiving.
“I think we did very well last night in game one and three, game two wasn’t a very good game for us. We let our guard down and let them take over.” A.J. Starkins, sophomore said.
The Wolverines improved their record to 13-3 on the season and 5-0 at home. As the Wolverines continue on with their last two games of the year, they look to end the season off on a high note.