ThinkPINK for a Cure

Jessica Small, Sports Editor

The month of May is a very exciting time for ThinkPINKkids. As the school year comes to an end, ThinkPINK is going out with a bang.

ThinkPINK is hosting a fundraiser on Wednesday, May 2, at California Pizza Kitchen in the Wellington Green Mall. Participants can eat-in or order takeout (as long as they present a flier to their server) and a percentage of their bill will be donated to the club. This event runs all day, and everyone is encouraged to come and support ThinkPINK.

In less than two weeks, on Friday, May 11, ThinkPINK is hosting their fourth annual 5K Walk to Win the Battle Against Breast Cancer. This huge, community event will take place at the Wellington High School track and football field, at 7pm.

Rain or shine, the walk will go on, so register in advance! Registration times are during both A and B lunch at WHS on May 1, 2, 8, 9, and 10. You can also register from 9am-12pm at Ultima Fitness on May 6 and 5. Walk-day registration begins at 6pm. The fee is just $12 for students or $20 for adults.

All of the money raised throughout the year by ThinkPINK is given directly to finding a cure. Primarily, ThinkPINK donates to Dr. John Cleveland, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Cancer Biology of Scripps Florida in Jupiter. Money is also given to Your Bosom Buddies II, a local cancer support group. The club additionally has donated money to helping individual cancer patients in our area.