The Wave

Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Javier Sarache Jr., Multimedia Editor

Ermias Joseph Asghedom, better known as 33-year-old rapper Nipsey Hussle, was shot dead in Los Angeles on March 31st.

Hussle, along with 2 others were shot outside his clothing store. The shooter fled the crime scene in a car TMZ reports. Mike Lopez of the Los Angeles Police Department told NBC that the shooting occurred at approximately 3:20 p.m. He died from “gunshots to the head and torso” stated by a spokesperson for the L.A. County Medical Examiner-Coroner.

As the news spread all through social media, artist and icons shared their thoughts on the tragedy.

Rapper Drake wrote on his Instagram “My whole energy is just at a low right now hearing this… You were having the best run, and I was so happy watching from distance, fam. Nobody ever talks down on your name, you were a real one to your people and to the rest of us. I’m only doing this here cause I want the world to know I saw you as a man of respect and a don.”

Singer Rihanna expressed her thoughts on Twitter “This doesn’t make any sense. My spirit is shaken by this! Dear God may his spirit rest In peace and may you grant divine comfort to all his loved ones!”

Nipsey was nominated for best album of the year and had a list of collaborations and features with big artists such as Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, YG, DJ Mustard, Ty Dolla $ign, and many others. His biggest solo success on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart was “Feelin’ Myself,” a 2010 collaboration with Lloyd that reached Number 93.

He often spoke on the importance of young black men and how the stereotypes looked upon were often mislead and inaccurate. Hussle put a positive vibe out for his community and tried making the world a better place. Nipsey Hussle leaves behind a community influenced by his positivity.

• Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Press Releases

WHS Wave Newspaper Application

• Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Student Life

Why to Apply to Newspaper

• Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Editorial

Florida’s Supposed Human Trafficking Issue

• Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

News

Dwyane Wade retires after 16 years- Looking back at his career

• Press Releases

Wellington SGA, ESE Department to Host Field Day

• Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Arts & Entertainment

Pet Sematary Review

• Press Releases

Wellington High Art Show

• Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Arts & Entertainment

The Tree Of Life

• Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Arts & Entertainment

Logic Releases Soundtrack for Debut Novel

• Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed

Arts & Entertainment

“Five Feet Apart”‘s Impact on Cystic Fibrosis Community

Wellington High School's Online News Publication - featuring news, sports, arts and entertainment, opinion, student life, video features, and more!
Rapper Nipsey Hussle Killed