Friends of Late Student Urge “Swift” Action

Gabrielle Harris, Staff Writer

Months ago, Palm Beach Central’s 17 year old wrestler and football player Danny McCauley passed away in a car accident. Friends of Danny said that he loved Taylor Swift. In fact, according to the Facebook page “R.I.P Danny McCauley” she was his favorite singer.

“In his jeep he would be found listening to her,” the Facebook fan page read. As of that day, Danny’s friends, and family tried their hardest to let the hash tag “#doitfordanny” to become a trending topic on Twitter. The people involved also tagged Taylor Swift in the tweets hoping that this celebrity would take notice and to perform a tribute concert. Some people contacted radio stations, the news, and even Taylor Swift’s management to try to get Taylor to perform a tribute concert for Danny. The news of Danny spread across social networking sites, news channels and even the radio but the tribute concert of Taylor Swift never did occur. Until recently on August 21st, a contest was announced that a winning school with the most votes could have the chance to have a free concert held by Grammy winner, Taylor Swift.

The winning school will also win a $10,000 grant for the school’s music department. The contest began on August 21st and continues until September 23rd. Each person who participates in voting can only vote for once every day. It has been seven months since Danny’s unfortunate accident. The owners of Danny McCauley Twitter and Facebook pages encourage all to take just a less than a small portion out of their day to vote on http://taylorswiftoncampus.com/ for Palm Beach Central High School, in honor of their peer and friend, Danny McCauley