The Wave

Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Ian Leonard and Javier Sarache

Are you looking to get involved? Interested in joining a club and being part of some extracurricular activities around campus? Then you’re in luck! We here at The Wellington Wave have compiled a list of exciting clubs and organizations students can get involved with today to make the most out of their time here at WHS.

Cancer Awareness Club: Working together with the community to spread hope and celebrate survivors of cancer and tobacco addictions. Meets in room 2-144 at lunch every other Wednesday.  Join the club Remind with code k829kk.

Dance Marathon: Dance Marathon is a student-run philanthropy. Senior DM leader Sophia Uribe explains, “Basically what we do is fundraise for the year, and all the proceeds go to Shands Miracle Hospital.” This event helps pediatric sickness. The students who participate at the Dance Marathon event stand seven hours in honor for the kids who can’t stand. Meets in room 2-107 during lunch.

Girl Up: A club dedicated for youths who are coming together to support girls in need in our community and all over the world. “A great way to learn about what’s going on in the countries you normally don’t hear about on the news.” Joining will be “rewarding to you because you’re doing good for the community.” Meets in room 2-115 during lunch twice a month.

Makerspace Club: A club for creative students to use their imagination to create and design anything using computer graphics and 3D printers. Meets in room 4-107 during lunch.

National Association Against Gun Violence: A club made to get involved and make a change.  “Great way to have your voice heard, make a difference, get involved and become an activist.” Meets in room 2-156 during lunch.

National Honor Society: Join for a chance of scholarships and a chord for graduation, chances to gain community service hours, and leadership opportunities. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.  See Mrs. Clawson for application information. Meetings are in Room 4-102 during lunch.

Newspaper: A club for aspiring journalists and writers alike. The club works on writing stories, editorials, reviews, and more for the school newspaper and helps edit and create their own pieces. Meets in room 4-105 on Tuesdays during lunch. 

Photography: The Photography Club consists of taking pictures to another level. Learn how to edit and create aesthetic photos to share with family and friends. Meets in room 2-138 after school from 3:00 – 4:30.

Psyche: An after-school club that takes the love for psychology even further. There are opportunities to go on trips, become more aware of the subject itself, and make new friends. Meets every Tuesday in Room 2-138 after school from 3:00 – 4:30.

Science National Honor Society: SNHS is a student-run club sponsored by Ms. Mendez. SNHS is a prominent scientific organization that will engender a new group of young thinkers who will be the future of industry, research, and scientific exploration for America. See Ms. Mendez in portable 314 for meeting dates.

Slam Poetry Club: Slam Poetry Club meets weekly to perform, discuss, read and write poetry. Members also have the opportunity to join the slam poetry team Ours, Poetica! Meets every Monday during lunch in 4-105.

SWAT Club: Students Working Against Tobacco are involved because they want to use information to further inform their family members and community members who have been affected by the use of tobacco. Big opportunities for involvement in community service. Meets every first Monday at lunch in the Principal’s Conference Room.

And these are just a handful of exciting clubs here on campus that students may want to be a part of.  Don’t see your club? Contact our Arts & Entertainment Editor Ian Leonard or Student Life Editor, Shaelyn Drost, to see your club added.

Ian Leonard, Arts & Entertainment Editor

An aspiring full-time journalist, Ian Leonard is a dedicated member of The Wave who has big ideas about arts and entertainment.

Javier Sarache, Multimedia Editor

Javier Sarache Jr. is an active member of Wellington High School's Slam Poetry Team and has performed in many spoken-word shows WHS' Literary Magazine...

Sally-Emma Calandroni, Design Editor

A creative and dedicated asset to the Wellington Wave Staff, Sally-Emma Calandroni serves as Head Design Editor and Co-Head Sports Editor.

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

News

UCF Fans Show Support for Milton After Injury

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Arts & Entertainment

Review: Bohemian Rhapsody, The Story of Queen

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

News

Watch For Falling Iguanas During Cold Snaps

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Arts & Entertainment

Review: “Beautiful Boy” is an Eye Opener

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Student Life

September 2018 Teacher Spotlight – Mrs. Dooley

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Sports

Memorable Senior Night 2018 for Wolverines Football, Marching Band

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

News

‘I Am Wellington’ Project Features Faces of WHS

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

News

Palm Beach County School District Protects LGBTQ Students

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

News

Coach Abel, Team Ready for Homecoming Game Vs. Palm Beach Gardens

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Arts & Entertainment

Fall Lights 2018: Student-Produced Show Shines Spotlight on WHS Talent

Wellington High School's Online News Publication - featuring news, sports, arts and entertainment, opinion, student life, video features, and more!
Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS