The Wave

Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Ian Leonard and Javier Sarache

Are you looking to get involved? Interested in joining a club and being part of some extracurricular activities around campus? Then you’re in luck! We here at The Wellington Wave have compiled a list of exciting clubs and organizations students can get involved with today to make the most out of their time here at WHS.

Cancer Awareness Club: Working together with the community to spread hope and celebrate survivors of cancer and tobacco addictions. Meets in room 2-144 at lunch every other Wednesday.  Join the club Remind with code k829kk.

Dance Marathon: Dance Marathon is a student-run philanthropy. Senior DM leader Sophia Uribe explains, “Basically what we do is fundraise for the year, and all the proceeds go to Shands Miracle Hospital.” This event helps pediatric sickness. The students who participate at the Dance Marathon event stand seven hours in honor for the kids who can’t stand. Meets in room 2-107 during lunch.

Girl Up: A club dedicated for youths who are coming together to support girls in need in our community and all over the world. “A great way to learn about what’s going on in the countries you normally don’t hear about on the news.” Joining will be “rewarding to you because you’re doing good for the community.” Meets in room 2-115 during lunch twice a month.

Makerspace Club: A club for creative students to use their imagination to create and design anything using computer graphics and 3D printers. Meets in room 4-107 during lunch.

National Association Against Gun Violence: A club made to get involved and make a change.  “Great way to have your voice heard, make a difference, get involved and become an activist.” Meets in room 2-156 during lunch.

National Honor Society: Join for a chance of scholarships and a chord for graduation, chances to gain community service hours, and leadership opportunities. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.  See Mrs. Clawson for application information. Meetings are in Room 4-102 during lunch.

Newspaper: A club for aspiring journalists and writers alike. The club works on writing stories, editorials, reviews, and more for the school newspaper and helps edit and create their own pieces. Meets in room 4-105 on Tuesdays during lunch. 

Photography: The Photography Club consists of taking pictures to another level. Learn how to edit and create aesthetic photos to share with family and friends. Meets in room 2-138 after school from 3:00 – 4:30.

Psyche: An after-school club that takes the love for psychology even further. There are opportunities to go on trips, become more aware of the subject itself, and make new friends. Meets every Tuesday in Room 2-138 after school from 3:00 – 4:30.

Slam Poetry Club: Slam Poetry Club meets weekly to perform, discuss, read and write poetry. Members also have the opportunity to join the slam poetry team Ours, Poetica! Meets every Monday during lunch in 4-105.

SWAT Club: Students Working Against Tobacco are involved because they want to use information to further inform their family members and community members who have been affected by the use of tobacco. Big opportunities for involvement in community service. Meets every first Monday at lunch in the Principal’s Conference Room.

And these are just a handful of exciting clubs here on campus that students may want to be a part of.  Don’t see your club? Contact our Arts & Entertainment Editor Ian Leonard or Student Life Editor, Shaelyn Drost, to see your club added.

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Student Life

5 ACT & SAT Study Tips

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Editorial

Insight From the WHS College Tour

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Student Life

Wolverines Making Waves at Monthly Beach Cleanups

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Sports

Patriots Snap Dolphins’ Winning Streak After Blowout

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

News

Wellington Students Recognized for Efforts Toward World Peace

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

News

Trump’s Proposed Sexual Misconduct Policy for Colleges

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Student Life

Senior Advice to Freshmen

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

News

Wellington Football Wins Home Opener Despite Safety Concerns

• News

Wellington students meet, discuss Douglas shooting

• Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS

Student Life

Sweethearts for the Stay

Wellington High School's Online News Publication - featuring news, sports, arts and entertainment, opinion, student life, video features, and more!
Clubs and Extracurriculars at WHS