Coachella 2014: Weekend One

Gabrielle Harris, News Editor

Coachella—a two weekend long event filled with art, music and fashion –will be talked about for years to come. The event creates extreme levels of hype and is one of the most talked about music festivals of this generation. It’s filled with people sporting their most fashionable ensembles and screaming their hearts out for their favorite performers. The ticket prices considerably above near average but the world’s top name artists such as Lana Del Rey, Lorde, OutKast, and MGMT will be taking the stage this year. The festival has more than 100 artists and bands performing this year, which is why the event sold out as quickly as it did this year.

“I am definitely going next year it’s so depressing seeing all the tweets and people going and not being there,” Alyssa Case, junior, said.

Musicians, actors, and the Hollywood elite attend the festival every year including what the Internet calls the “fashion icon of Coachella” Vanessa Anne Hudgens. Hudgens annually attends Coachella styling the most unique and fashionable items each time she attends. Last year the actress wore outfits incorporating tie dyes, long cardigans, floppy hats, and even a giant flower as an accessory. The style for Coachella varies from floral patterns and flower crowns to loose articles of clothing, maxi skirts, and Boho jewelry.

“Vanessa Anne Hudgens literally makes everyone at Coachella look bad,” Abigail Ruston, sophomore, said.

Kendall and Kylie Jenner, part of the Kardashian family, who also attended Coachella Weekend One, were given extensive media coverage for their unpredictable fashion choices. Other celebrities who that attended Weekend One of Coachella include Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Beyoncé, and Katy Perry.

Coachella leaves millions in hysterics as they tune in on their computers to watch the broadcasted event that they could not attend.

Coachella is every music festival junkie’s dream. Weekend One is officially over, but the fun isn’t over yet. Weekend Two is taking place from April 18th to the 20th.  The festival takes place in Indio, California and will definitely be an event to talk about.