Fall Lights Will Feature A Variety of Student Talent

Sydney Kenney, Copy Editor

Scary and talented aren’t usually words that are associated with each other, but they are being brought together for this season’s Halloween-themed Coffee House show. After much success last year with their patio-style talent shows, the Literary Magazine will once again be presenting Fall Lights on Friday, October 12that 6:30 PM. 

Many students auditioned, but only a limited amount could be chosen by Fall Lights producer Kimberly Borelli and assistant producer Kelsey Foster to earn a slot in the show. “I really love the variety this year. We have amazing poets, slam poetry, singers, an opera singer, rappers, a belly dancer, and even skits being performed. All very unique and very cool!” Kelsey Foster, junior, said.

The outdoor patio setting of Fall Lights gives it a special appeal, with a much smaller audience and cozier atmosphere, “there’s not a whole lot of pressure so the performers on stage will feel comfortable and give a better show!” said Karl Joseph, performer and senior. The Literary Magazine staff has begun stringing lights, decorating the patio area, and has planned almost every minute of the show to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible.

This type of show usually sells out quickly, so for those interested in seeing the show, pre-sale tickets will be accessible at both lunches for $5. Tickets will be sold for the same amount at the door, and an assortment of food, including meals from Joseph’s Classic Market, will be available for purchase through waitresses throughout the show.