The 3D Movie Craze

The 3D Movie Craze

Titanic 3D tumbles back into theatres in April

Gabrielle Harris, Staff Writer

The old classics are back up and hitting the big screen. The 2012 movie season began with the Lion King roaring its way back into theaters and climbing to the top of the box office for two weeks. But this times a bit different: in eye catching 3D! And the trend doesn’t end with just this Disney classic. People should be expecting to see Finding Nemo coming out September 2012, Monsters Inc January of 2013, and the Little Mermaid in September 2013. Most assume that the oldies are back in theatres for money purposes but others think differently. The Lion King earned $61.7 million in the United States alone from its rerelease into theatres.
“I think they’re putting them back for more money and just to bring back the classics,” Valerie Emery, freshman, said. “I think for the memories,” Jenna Lauricia, freshman, said. During a press conference Alan Bergman, President of Walt Disney Studios announced “We’re thrilled to give audiences of all ages the chance to experience these beloved tales in an exciting new way with 3D – and in the case of younger generations, for the first time on the big screen.”
Disney classics are hitting up the box office this year. Not the only retreads one of the world’s most beloved and acclaimed film is returning to theaters. The Ship of Dreams, the Titanic 3D is expected to sail in April 2012, with trailers already released and tears already beginning to form. Titanic, released in 1997 starred heart throb Leonardo DiCaprio and the stunning Kate Winslet. They portrayed two people from different social classes who fall in love on the voyage of the RMS Titanic. People are craving to see this fantastic flick in 3D. Others are not as excited stating that it’s too long of a movie to be in theaters since Titanic is a 194 minute movie. “I don’t think I’m going to see it. It’s way too long plus I don’t feel like crying,” Angela Tracy, junior, said.
Star Wars Episode: the Phantom Menace will be getting back in theaters was announced on Super Bowl Sunday and Star Wars fan were absolutely ecstatic with their favorite action movie coming back into theaters in 3D.
Here’s the chance to experience your favorite films all over again. Witness the beginning, share the experience in 3D. It may be your 1st time watching the movie, but you will have the chance to say you saw the objects, people, and sets fly out at you and feel more real than before.