A Tasty Treat After a Hard Days Work

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief

After the clock strikes 2:50 p.m., a prime craving that captures students’ attention is the afternoon snack. Restaurants and cafes surround the school, but spending money regularly is not the only option. A great, less expensive way to curb one’s hunger is by preparing their bite to eat at home. Here is a recipe that is simple to prepare, absolutely delicious and easily shared.

Fill it with any assortment of toppings or fillings such as a chocolate hazelnut spread, fruit, peanut butter, jam, or anything that adds a flavorsome delight.

French Style Homemade Crepes                                                                 

Makes 10 servings

6 oz all purpose flour

1 ¾ oz white cane sugar

A pinch of salt

2 eggs

½ oz vegetable oil

2 oz melted butter

¼ oz vanilla extract

12 oz milk

Directions

Add the flour, sugar, salt, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Pour in the milk in one-third increments; add in the first 4 oz and stir it well, then repeat until all the milk is combined with the batter. Mix well to insure that there the batter is smooth and there are no clumps. Lastly, add the melted butter in with the batter and stir once more. Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes before cooking.

Next, heat a lightly greased 12 inch pan over a medium high heat. Scoop up about 2 oz of batter in a ladle and pour it in to the pan. Rotate the pan and tip it at an angle to spread the batter out as thinly and evenly as possible. When one side turns brown, which shouldn’t take very much time at all, flip it over. When both sides are ready, slide it on a plate and enjoy the warm tastiness. Re-grease the pan and repeat this process for each scoop of the batter.