Wellington Says “Goodbye” to the Class of 2012

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
April 30, 2012  

Below is a list of the Seniors of 2012. The Wellington Wave  would like to congratulate all of the future graduates and wish them success on their future endeavors! Aaron S. Abbott ● Martin A. Acevedo ● Melisa Afanador ● Briana D. Alexander ● Chaïna Alexandre ● Shantelle Cymone... Read More

French Honor Society Helps Soldiers

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
March 29, 2012  

Just as always on the second Tuesday of the month, the French Honor Society held their meeting. The main topic of discussion was the drive for the Forgotten Soldiers Outreach. Although it is mandatory for all FHS members to donate to this cause, other students are more than welcome to... Read More

FCCLA pic

FCCLA Introduces “Read to Me”

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
February 27, 2012  

FCCLA (Family Career and Community Leaders of America) started off the year with their next community service project called “Read to Me”.  Club members Sydney Sokolsky, Cesia Vanella, and Alexandria Webb contacted New Horizons Elementary and organized this event with the After-care... Read More

FCCLA 1

FCCLA Organizes Book Drive for Children

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
February 27, 2012  

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish…. One of our newest clubs on theWellingtonHigh Schoolcampus is FCCLA; Family Career and Community Leaders of America.  This organization is a service organization associated with Family and Consumer Science Education. Their first Community Service... Read More

WHS Wave Challenge Results Are in; See Your Teachers’ Baby Photos!

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
January 13, 2012  

THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Have you ever wondered what your teachers looked like as youngsters? They were children once too and oh so adorable. Now you have an opportunity to see how well you really know them. The images featured below are baby pictures of faculty members at WHS. This is the ultimate... Read More

swim team pic cropped

Swim Team Ends Season with a Big Splash

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
November 16, 2011  

It all comes down to the pasta party. That means it is time to compete. Before each major meet, the Wellington Swim Team fills up on carbohydrates to prepare for the full body workout that they will endure the next morning. The combination of practice, a hearty meal and... Read More

French Honor Society Kicks Off the Holidays

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
November 15, 2011  

As the winter season approaches, the French Honor Society prepares for its second annual holiday meeting to be held on December 13. Christmas tunes will play with a French melody as the members make a traditional Yule Log dessert also known as the Buche de Noel. Mrs. Baxter, FHS sponsor, prepares... Read More

powderpuff boys 2011

Not Even the Rain Slowed the Game

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
October 23, 2011  

Heart, sweat and dedication was put to the ultimate test on October 17. Each class practiced numerous hours to build their defense and strengthen their offense. It was a close call to determine who would win the 2011 powderpuff games. There was a light drizzle, but it was consistent. It cooled... Read More

crepe with nutella

A Tasty Treat After a Hard Days Work

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
October 8, 2011  

After the clock strikes 2:50 p.m., a prime craving that captures students’ attention is the afternoon snack. Restaurants and cafes surround the school, but spending money regularly is not the only option. A great, less expensive way to curb one’s hunger is by preparing their bite to eat... Read More

Photo credit: Jessica Small

Who Is Looking at Social Networking Sites?

Stephanie Courtois, Editor in Chief
September 29, 2011  

Colleges look at Facebook profiles, but it is impossible for every admissions officer to comb through each page. There is not enough time or means to sort through an applicant’s images and comments to determine their character. There are over 2,000 universities in the United States. On average,... Read More