photo of 4 girls

Track Regional’s Athlete Profiles

Samantha Pescatore, Public Relations Manager
May 8, 2013  

>p> Simone Williams- (Shot Put and Discus) “I throw because I wanted to get good at something and possibly get a scholarship for it. I enjoy meeting new people through track and I’ve made a lot of friends. Also, I hope to beat the girls school records for Shot Put and Discus!” Simone... Read More

photo

TTYL

Samantha Pescatore, Buisness Manager
November 27, 2012  

Deca launched its distracted driving campaign earlier in November to raise awareness about the consequences of driving while texting, and other various distractions. Deca president Lauren Olevitch and Officer Madison Koufus promoted the campaign by creating activities to show students what... Read More

fashion

Top Trends Trending

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
September 18, 2012  

Pastel colored shorts, neon highlighter skinny jeans, and Sperry’s are among the top trends spreading through Wellington High. Fashion is always changing; the trends this year are based more on bright colors, and floral designs. The girls’ jeans are getting brighter and boys’... Read More

The Craze Behind The Hunger Games

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
April 10, 2012  

Recently, The Hunger Games has captivated audiences all around the world. The Hunger Games is the first book in the series written by Suzanne Collins. In the story, Katniss, the brave and beautiful protagonist, is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district... Read More

Morgan Campbell long jumps at WHS home track meet.

Track Team Family Trains for Success

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
April 3, 2012  

“Were one big family” might sound like a cliché coming from any other team, but to the members of the WHS track team, it’s the truth. The runners spend a lot of time together during the season; from practice to the pasta parties, the number of hours is tremendous. “The team is really... Read More

SGA Goes Big and Green for St. Baldricks

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
March 12, 2012  

SGA has been spending a majority of their class time figuring out ways to promote St. Baldricks. Presently, they are encouraging the students to wear green every Wednesday, and go around the courtyard during lunch to collect donations. They hope to set up activities in the courtyard on Wednesdays... Read More

Grounded for Life

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
February 29, 2012  

YOU’RE GROUNDED”, is the sentence given to most teenagers by their parents when faced with punishment. Students handle being grounded in an assortment of ways such as sadness, rebellion, or even more creative ways. “This one time I got grounded, my two brothers and I handled it by deciding... Read More

SGA Anti-Bullying Week

Samantha Pescatore, Buisness Manager
December 4, 2011  

SGA is preparing to promote “Anti-bullying” week at our school on December 12-16 (as of now). The club is making purple awareness ribbons to pass out to students during that week. Also, they are trying to arrange for speakers to come in and talk to students about the seriousness of bullying. SGA... Read More

Students Stay Up For The Twilight Hour

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
December 4, 2011  

Breaking Dawn is taking over the movie industry. Within the first weekend of coming out to theaters the movie made 138.1 million dollars. The theaters were packed, the popcorn buttered, and the excited twilight fanatics were ready to see the fourth movie of the twilight series at the premiere. “It... Read More

Daryl Sin

New Form of Martial Arts Gains Popularity in Wellington

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
December 4, 2011  

Kicking, flipping, practice,  and determination. That is what the extreme sport of tricking is all about. Tricking, a form of modern martial arts, is a new activity where flips and kicks are key. Though it is still new to the world of sports, it is being practiced by some talented WHS students. “To... Read More

Too Young To Worry

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
November 16, 2011  

Children, teenagers, and even young adults are too young to worry about having the ideal healthy lifestyle. Kids shouldn’t have to worry about counting calories. Students should be out having the time of their lives, eating what they want, whenever they want. Adults try to promote a healthy... Read More

FroYo–Not as Healthy as It’s Served Up to Be

Samantha Pescatore, Business Manager
November 1, 2011  

Just the word frozen yogurt instantly puts the idea into one’s head that this delicious dessert is healthy. People assume that just because it’s “yogurt” that it’s good for them. Unfortunately, most frozen yogurts aren’t as healthy as they seem.   “I think frozen yogurt is... Read More